We love and understand the friendship and joy a new puppy brings to your family! Please bring your puppy in for a check-up as soon as possible to establish a relationship with one of our veterinarians at ACTLC, so that your canine companion will be sure to receive everything he or she needs to grow up healthy and strong.
During your first visit, we will perform a comprehensive preliminary examination to detect if your puppy has any potential health issues. We will also examine your pet for intestinal parasites and perform deworming if necessary. Growing dogs’ developing immune systems leave them more vulnerable to illness, so please inquire about the schedule of preventative treatment that is best for your new pet’s first few months of life.
At this time we are also happy to address any questions you have concerning care for your pet, such as diet and nutrition, behavioral issues, potty training or vaccinations. Flea, tick and heartworm preventions will be discussed and started upon your first visit as well.
We ask that you bring the health information provided to you by the seller or shelter on your first visit with us, which should include a previous history of vaccines and deworming.
Please also alert us if any of the following symptoms appear, these are signs that your puppy needs immediate care:
- Poor appetite
- Multiple episodes of vomiting or diarrhea
- Any respiratory problems such as coughing or trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions, such as swelling around the face or hives that would be noticed on the belly
- Any eye injury no matter how mild
- Seizure, fainting or collapse
- Trauma received from any incident even if the dog does not appear to have physical injuries